Suzy Snapper
Tuesday, July 18, 2006
Sometimes...
I wish my health wouldn't interfere so much with my life. Ugh.

I had to call in sick today. First time at the new job. I have been fighting a migraine for a good week now, but this morning, upon waking up and having tingles in the side of my face and blurred vision, I knew it was going to be a bit worse than I can take.

I hate giving in.

But it's now 9:20pm. I can not tell you much of what happened today, except to think several times that I should be seeking stronger medical care than what I had at home. Unfortunately, the fun of living alone is that you don't want to make that call. Besides, hospitals suck. Especially when you have a migraine. Loud, bright and doctors asking a whole bunch of silly questions and in the end, all you get is a little more pain medication and sent home. Not worth it, in the long run.

Let's hope tomorrow is a better one.

In the meantime, I leave you with a picture I took last night during an evening walk for some fresh air. I live in a truly beautiful place.



Sue
Vancouver, British Columbia
.............................................
A patriotic Canadian full of visions of a better Canada, random thoughts and a lot of hot air. Who am I? A struggling writer and photographer trapped in a corporate buyer's body. Steel shopping by day, and freeflowing prose by night. One day I hope to have the nights become my days, but am intimidated by the sheer amount of people who share my dream. So I read. A lot. I learn. A lot. I push myself. A lot. The world is a small place, and getting smaller every day. I'm proud to have friends in every corner of the earth, and abide by the old adage that there are no strangers, only friends we haven't met yet.



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cdnsue. Make your own badge here.