Suzy Snapper
Thursday, February 16, 2006
No Rest
No rest for the wicked, they say.

I'd like to think I'm not wicked but there definitely isn't any slow time!

I went to see the private surgeon tonight. He took one look at the knee and said 'My dear, you need this surgery now, not later'.

So I am booked into the OR for Tuesday afternoon. I will be flying home from Vegas on Monday evening..will be able to have one big meal and then will have to fast after midnight.

I will go to work Tuesday morning, and then have the operation on Tuesday afternoon. The recovery is better than anticipated. I should be back to work on February 27 - just 3 days off.

It's good to know it will be over soon, but wow, a lot to get my head around in a short amount of time. The difference between public and private care is just not even in the same hemisphere.

Sue
Vancouver, British Columbia
.............................................
A patriotic Canadian full of visions of a better Canada, random thoughts and a lot of hot air. Who am I? A struggling writer and photographer trapped in a corporate buyer's body. Steel shopping by day, and freeflowing prose by night. One day I hope to have the nights become my days, but am intimidated by the sheer amount of people who share my dream. So I read. A lot. I learn. A lot. I push myself. A lot. The world is a small place, and getting smaller every day. I'm proud to have friends in every corner of the earth, and abide by the old adage that there are no strangers, only friends we haven't met yet.



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cdnsue. Make your own badge here.