Suzy Snapper
Tuesday, February 14, 2006
V-Day

This has never been a particularly happy day for me. At least when I was single, there was no expectation and therefore, no disappointment. But it always left a bit of a taste in my mouth.

Reading Teresa's post this morning opened my eyes and made me see things in a different light. If you haven't read it, go do so! It will put a smile on your face.

I am a firm believer that a certain holiday should not force someone to recognize a situation. That should happen every day. Or any day. Just because. Of course, there is a little part of me - the part that tears up at Love Actually and smiles at romantic movies - that buys into it in full. Unfortunately, life is not a movie and I learned that long ago.

Last night, I went out for dinner with S. We had a beautiful romantic dinner at a little bistro and talked on and on. It was wonderful. And exactly how I wanted it. Not on THE day, but just because. It was a spur of the moment idea, brought on by the events of yesterday.

He has been offered a position at our sister facility in Seattle. It's only 2 hours away, and yes, very doable. But the long distance thing is a difficult road. I've failed at it 3 times and I am hesitant to consider it again. However, the position is only a 6 month term.

We have truly only been together for such a short time that it is much to early for these decisions to be made, nor even discussed. It has put a fly in the ointment and put some deep concerns out in the forefront.

However, I was buoyed by the fact that he was touched I'd be so upset about the thought of him leaving. Even his best friend seemed to be pushing him away and his brother too. Meanwhile, I'd told him I didn't want him to leave. It put him in a quandry. The decision has been left in his hands, and I have said my piece. We now must let what's meant to be be.

More later....but on a quick note, my sister in law has made it through the surgery. Minor complications but end result is that she will be fine.

Sue
Vancouver, British Columbia
.............................................
A patriotic Canadian full of visions of a better Canada, random thoughts and a lot of hot air. Who am I? A struggling writer and photographer trapped in a corporate buyer's body. Steel shopping by day, and freeflowing prose by night. One day I hope to have the nights become my days, but am intimidated by the sheer amount of people who share my dream. So I read. A lot. I learn. A lot. I push myself. A lot. The world is a small place, and getting smaller every day. I'm proud to have friends in every corner of the earth, and abide by the old adage that there are no strangers, only friends we haven't met yet.



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cdnsue. Make your own badge here.