Suzy Snapper
Tuesday, February 07, 2006
Nuttin'
It has been a bit of slow few days and I haven't had a chance to update things either. After figuring out the private health care route, I can do no more than just sit and wait now. Had a very severe weekend, and the pain was very intense so I was not able to get up the stairs to the computer.

The Superbowl was great, although I must say I enjoy watching it with friends. My brother, being a HUGE Steelers fan for nearly 30 years was overjoyed. He had the grandkids all dressed up Steelers gear, and had taken the day off for the occassion. I was invited out, but it's a 45 minute drive and I unfortunately was unable to make it this time. However, thankfully there are speaker phones!

However, we experience a large windstorm in the area on Saturday that caused massive damage. Some areas were evacuated and there was widespread flooding. My brother's house was out of power for 12 hours, and another friend for 18. I was out for just over an hour, but it was in the middle of the night and didn't cause me any huge problems.

My friend L had a terrible experience though. They had a 130-ft. tree come down just 5 feet from their bedroom window. It took out two windows, a gazebo and the power, telephone and cable lines. She says the sound of it coming down was more than she could ever describe, nor would ever want to hear again. They lost 4 trees in the storm, but it was the 130 ft one that caused the most damage.

Sue
Vancouver, British Columbia
.............................................
A patriotic Canadian full of visions of a better Canada, random thoughts and a lot of hot air. Who am I? A struggling writer and photographer trapped in a corporate buyer's body. Steel shopping by day, and freeflowing prose by night. One day I hope to have the nights become my days, but am intimidated by the sheer amount of people who share my dream. So I read. A lot. I learn. A lot. I push myself. A lot. The world is a small place, and getting smaller every day. I'm proud to have friends in every corner of the earth, and abide by the old adage that there are no strangers, only friends we haven't met yet.



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cdnsue. Make your own badge here.