Suzy Snapper
Monday, February 20, 2006
Vegas and Scalpels
I'm home. I'm exhausted but I'm home.

I will write a proper report later, but it has been an adventure trying to get home whilst being unable to walk. Thankfully, there was so much good about the trip that I will likely forget the horrendous experience I had in the Vegas airport.

It was fantastic to meet Teresa for the first time, and an amazing weekend overall. Not to mention catch up with friends I haven't seen for the better part of a decade in some cases. I took a lot of pictures and when I can, I will put them up. For now though, it's all about tomorrow's main event.

Surgery is at noon tomorrow. I am somewhat apprehensive but am glad to say it is finally going to be moving forward to recovery. However, having said that, my computer is upstairs in my house and I won't be around it much for the next few days. Wish me luck! =)

Also, in other news, my cousin passed away Friday evening of ALS. It has been a tough road, and while I will miss him immensely and am very saddened by his loss, I know that he is no longer struggling and that is a true blessing. Funeral is Saturday, so I am hoping to be mobile enough to pay my respects then.

Sue
Vancouver, British Columbia
.............................................
A patriotic Canadian full of visions of a better Canada, random thoughts and a lot of hot air. Who am I? A struggling writer and photographer trapped in a corporate buyer's body. Steel shopping by day, and freeflowing prose by night. One day I hope to have the nights become my days, but am intimidated by the sheer amount of people who share my dream. So I read. A lot. I learn. A lot. I push myself. A lot. The world is a small place, and getting smaller every day. I'm proud to have friends in every corner of the earth, and abide by the old adage that there are no strangers, only friends we haven't met yet.



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cdnsue. Make your own badge here.