Suzy Snapper
Wednesday, March 15, 2006
Touching Base
I have returned to work, and thus far have a job. It seems positive enough, and while there are still some serious long term issues, for now and at least until May 1, it is stable. I have asked for a status after that, but have been unable to get a clear answer other than 'Don't worry...it'll work out'. I am not sure if I should be happy about that or not, but for now, I will concentrate on healing and worry about the job situation later. I have a paycheque for the next 6 weeks and will be in a better position at that point to make decisions.

The knee is improving daily. From long walks up to an hour and riding the exercise bike I am finding each day is a little bit better. It's funny...I never really liked exercise before but once the option of mobility was taken away, I missed it dearly. You really don't know what you've got 'til it's gone.

Gearing up for my friend's wedding in 3 weeks. The goal is to be a non-limping Maid of Honour. I tried on the dress over the weekend and with minor alterations, all will be good. Her dress is phenomenal as well, and given that she is now 24 weeks along in her pregnancy, she is positively glowing. It will be a wonderful event, on a beach about 6 hours away from here. They have been fortunate enough to have about 50 people be able to join us. But now, with only 3 weeks left, the time crunch has arrived and it has been busy, to say the least.

Lastly, the Dude. There has been a heart-to-heart. He had some concerns, and well, so did I. While my guard is not completely back down, suffice to say, the song is still playing. Time will tell.

Sue
Vancouver, British Columbia
.............................................
A patriotic Canadian full of visions of a better Canada, random thoughts and a lot of hot air. Who am I? A struggling writer and photographer trapped in a corporate buyer's body. Steel shopping by day, and freeflowing prose by night. One day I hope to have the nights become my days, but am intimidated by the sheer amount of people who share my dream. So I read. A lot. I learn. A lot. I push myself. A lot. The world is a small place, and getting smaller every day. I'm proud to have friends in every corner of the earth, and abide by the old adage that there are no strangers, only friends we haven't met yet.



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cdnsue. Make your own badge here.