Suzy Snapper
Thursday, March 23, 2006
When breaking up isn't hard to do
I know I'm remiss in blogging (thanks, Lever!) but it has been a whirlwind with the wedding coming up. I am so thankful that my friend is not a Bridezilla, but even so, there are a multitude of details. Every minute seems to be filled.

Not to mention in two weeks, I will be winging my way to one of the most beautiful places on earth and let loose with my camera. Tofino. Check it out if you get the chance.

The Dude and I had a major heart-to-heart. We spilled it all out and looked at the pieces and realized where everything started to tumble was when we tried to build a relationship out of too-solid a friendship. We both enjoy each other's company tremendously, but attraction is just simply not there. I kept trying to see it and kept thinking maybe it grows on you. He was doing the same thing. We were forcing something that wasn't really there.

Thankfully, we have been able to salvage our friendship and be able to have a good laugh. After we had finished talking, I felt like a big weight had been lifted off my shoulders and there was a big sense of relief. That must be indicative of something!

So, yesterday, we were back to kibbitzing all day, laughing and joking and last night, back to the hour phonecall before bed. Friendship - way more important and I'm glad it could still be maintained.

Sue
Vancouver, British Columbia
.............................................
A patriotic Canadian full of visions of a better Canada, random thoughts and a lot of hot air. Who am I? A struggling writer and photographer trapped in a corporate buyer's body. Steel shopping by day, and freeflowing prose by night. One day I hope to have the nights become my days, but am intimidated by the sheer amount of people who share my dream. So I read. A lot. I learn. A lot. I push myself. A lot. The world is a small place, and getting smaller every day. I'm proud to have friends in every corner of the earth, and abide by the old adage that there are no strangers, only friends we haven't met yet.



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cdnsue. Make your own badge here.