Suzy Snapper
Monday, November 27, 2006
Snow Again
The snow has more or less stopped falling. I am lucky with only about 14" to show for it, but many people I've talked to are in the 2-3 FOOT range. This is NOT normal for our little mild West Coast.


A friend of mine has been out of power and telephone for nearly 2 days now. It wouldn't be so bad, if she didn't have a 5 month old teething baby in need of formula. They've been making his eats on a Coleman stove but it's expected to hit -20 tonight. It's not going to be much fun for them. We've tried to convince them to go to my brothers tonight, but I'm not sure if they will take us up on it.



If you get past the horrendous roads, it really is beautiful. It took me just over 2 hours to get to work this morning, and it was white knuckle most of the way. However, it was just gorgeous. Trees glistening with fresh snow.

It truly is a work of art. Oh, who am I kidding? I'm a West Coaster through and through. I like my rain. I like mild temperatures. I want it back!


Sue
Vancouver, British Columbia
.............................................
A patriotic Canadian full of visions of a better Canada, random thoughts and a lot of hot air. Who am I? A struggling writer and photographer trapped in a corporate buyer's body. Steel shopping by day, and freeflowing prose by night. One day I hope to have the nights become my days, but am intimidated by the sheer amount of people who share my dream. So I read. A lot. I learn. A lot. I push myself. A lot. The world is a small place, and getting smaller every day. I'm proud to have friends in every corner of the earth, and abide by the old adage that there are no strangers, only friends we haven't met yet.



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cdnsue. Make your own badge here.