Suzy Snapper
Wednesday, January 31, 2007
Is that hold Muzak?
As we (or at least I) wait with baited breath for an email, plans now turn to trip planning. It's a month 'til my niece and I leave for our trip to the East Coast and time to start seriously making plans.

I knew she was related to me when she called tonight to say she'd started mapping out our itinerary. I thought I was the only one that liked to plan that much!

We began looking at the New York portion tonight and booked tickets to Chicago for the Wednesday evening. It's her favourite movie, and she's very excited to see it live on Broadway. Me? I was hoping for Wicked but apparently that's a little too popular right now and not an option. I love any live theatre though so I wasn't too hard to please. When my first choice wasn't available, I let her choose.

I'd like to know a little more about the off-broadway performances though. I have no idea what's good or not, but will look into that a little bit more. Anyone have suggestions?

Other than that, we are planning the NBC tour, a city tour, the usual touristy haunts and of course, Central Park.

Devon, I'll email you shortly but am hoping we can still figure out a time to catch up together.

Other than that, lots of restaurants I'd love to try and just the chance to savour the sites that I don't even know to plan for yet.

My biggest concern right now is my camera. I am very nervous to travel with it. It's bulky and well, not exactly stealth while doing the touristy thing. Of course, my brother has put the security side of things in my head now too, so I am worried about that as well. Alternately, I could take the point-and-shoot but would never get the quality I'd be hoping for. Will have to think on that.

I can't believe it's only 4 weeks to go!

(and with the other situation, I've decided to do a little que sera right now. It's out of my hands. I've said what I needed to and now it needs to be left to become what it's meant to.)

Sue
Vancouver, British Columbia
.............................................
A patriotic Canadian full of visions of a better Canada, random thoughts and a lot of hot air. Who am I? A struggling writer and photographer trapped in a corporate buyer's body. Steel shopping by day, and freeflowing prose by night. One day I hope to have the nights become my days, but am intimidated by the sheer amount of people who share my dream. So I read. A lot. I learn. A lot. I push myself. A lot. The world is a small place, and getting smaller every day. I'm proud to have friends in every corner of the earth, and abide by the old adage that there are no strangers, only friends we haven't met yet.



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cdnsue. Make your own badge here.