Suzy Snapper
Monday, January 16, 2006
The weekend
Well, if there's one thing I found out this weekend, I need to get out more and have a good time. A blast was had and then some. I feel rejuvenated.

First off, the Steelers won. While I know it was a hard loss for Teresa, my brother was over the moon. A true fan himself for nearly 20 years, I have rarely seen him that excited. To be honest, I do believe the Colts should have won. They have played more consistently throughout, but I guess that's what makes the playoffs so exciting. Anything can happen.

Updates from the health side of things. My Mom is off the nebulizer now. It was 4 weeks steroid treatment this time, but she is sounding good again. And complaining about my housekeeping habits, so that's a good sign she's getting back into things.

My cousin is home on the ventilator, with no change. They will be inserting a feeding tube this week to ease that issue. Things seem to be a status-quo at the moment, and well, sometimes that's not a bad thing.

As for me, I went out with some work friends on the weekend. We met at a local pub for a hockey fundraiser. There were 6 of us there - a fun group that I'm becoming quite close with. There was a raffle draw - 50/50 style to raise money and I won. $100! Can't complain there....

But, that meant a round of drinks (or ahem, shooters) for the group. And then I was feeling a bit generous, so there were two more. The night seemed to fly by and suddenly, it was 11pm and the rest of the group wanted to go home.

However, I was in no condition to drive nor was a certain coworker of mine. He and I decided to hop on the Skytrain downtown and hit a couple jazz bars. Fantastic music and I didn't want it to end.

Suddenly, it was 2am and the place was closing. We were now downtown, with no method of getting back to our cars 40 minutes away. A cab would be $80. I felt like a teenager again - it's been an extremely long time since I just went with the flow and not concerned myself with these little details.

Suffice to say, when I got home at 9am, I had a big smile on my face. But not for the reasons you may think. Nothing happened in that regard. We only sat and talked, but that talk moved me. We have such similar philosophies and paths taken.

And suddenly, I don't feel so alone in this world anymore.

Sue
Vancouver, British Columbia
.............................................
A patriotic Canadian full of visions of a better Canada, random thoughts and a lot of hot air. Who am I? A struggling writer and photographer trapped in a corporate buyer's body. Steel shopping by day, and freeflowing prose by night. One day I hope to have the nights become my days, but am intimidated by the sheer amount of people who share my dream. So I read. A lot. I learn. A lot. I push myself. A lot. The world is a small place, and getting smaller every day. I'm proud to have friends in every corner of the earth, and abide by the old adage that there are no strangers, only friends we haven't met yet.



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cdnsue. Make your own badge here.