Suzy Snapper
Wednesday, January 18, 2006
Liquified Tree
On Monday night, I started feeling a little tickle in my throat. Things quickly progressed and I am now coughing and hacking...and as of this morning, have no voice at all. Not an easy thing when most of my day is spent negotiating and placing orders.

Unfortunately, only two of us in the whole office have this cold, and you can bet who the other person is. Yes, the comments are flying fast and furious.

He talked me into trying the Canadian standby, Buckley's DM. For those that don't know what that is, it's not just cough syrup but basically liquified tree. A lot of people swear by it and the company tagline is 'It tastes awful but it works'.

I was very hesitant but seeing as he seemed to shake it and is back bouncing off walls this morning, I figured what could it hurt.

I was wrong. It is pure evil in a plastic container. The smell is reminiscent of Pinesol. One swig from the bottle and a shudder passes through your spine.

Two minutes after that, I lost my voice completely. Now I can only squeak, much to the amusement of everyone else in the office.

Sue
Vancouver, British Columbia
.............................................
A patriotic Canadian full of visions of a better Canada, random thoughts and a lot of hot air. Who am I? A struggling writer and photographer trapped in a corporate buyer's body. Steel shopping by day, and freeflowing prose by night. One day I hope to have the nights become my days, but am intimidated by the sheer amount of people who share my dream. So I read. A lot. I learn. A lot. I push myself. A lot. The world is a small place, and getting smaller every day. I'm proud to have friends in every corner of the earth, and abide by the old adage that there are no strangers, only friends we haven't met yet.



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cdnsue. Make your own badge here.