Suzy Snapper
Monday, February 19, 2007
Stock Photography


I've decided to try my hand at stock photography. After researching a few sites, I decided on 123rf.com.

The premise of stock photography is to produce commercially viable images to be used in brochures, advertisements and other business documents. They must be a certain size, clarity and composition.

So far, I've uploaded 47 and 43 have been accepted to my portfolio for sale to potential customers. The 4 that were refused were for low commercial value, poor lighting or incorrect sizing. Which means, the 43 that were accepted were commercially viable.

It's been a big boost and while I know I won't get rich, it's good to know my photography meets a certain criteria.

If you want to see my portfolio, check here.


Sue
Vancouver, British Columbia
.............................................
A patriotic Canadian full of visions of a better Canada, random thoughts and a lot of hot air. Who am I? A struggling writer and photographer trapped in a corporate buyer's body. Steel shopping by day, and freeflowing prose by night. One day I hope to have the nights become my days, but am intimidated by the sheer amount of people who share my dream. So I read. A lot. I learn. A lot. I push myself. A lot. The world is a small place, and getting smaller every day. I'm proud to have friends in every corner of the earth, and abide by the old adage that there are no strangers, only friends we haven't met yet.



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cdnsue. Make your own badge here.