Suzy Snapper
Tuesday, April 11, 2006
And they were married
My best friend and her soulmate were married in a beautiful ceremony on Saturday on the West Coast of Vancouver Island in a tiny town called Tofino.

The clouds parted, and in a surprising twist for this time of year, it was gorgeous and sunny. The ceremony was performed on the beach, with 50 of their closest friends around them. Leigh was absolutely radiant, and Joe looked positively beaming. There was not a dry eye in the house as they became husband and wife. It was with the greatest honour that I stood beside them as maid of honour and I thought I would burst with happiness.

But it has been a whirlwind few days, and I'm now coming down hard. Many months of planning, and now it's done. They're off on their honeymoon now, to a surprise destination and it's time to focus on their little bundle of joy set to arrive in a few weeks.

I took approximately 1200 pictures, and am now setting to going through them and weeding out the best. Unfortunately Blogger is not playing nice today so it will have to be another time that I put up a few. However, the pics up here will only be of me or the scenery as my friend's privacy is paramount, and I respect her request to keep things that way.

But there were many, many other pics to share and I will be doing so over the next few days.

Sue
Vancouver, British Columbia
.............................................
A patriotic Canadian full of visions of a better Canada, random thoughts and a lot of hot air. Who am I? A struggling writer and photographer trapped in a corporate buyer's body. Steel shopping by day, and freeflowing prose by night. One day I hope to have the nights become my days, but am intimidated by the sheer amount of people who share my dream. So I read. A lot. I learn. A lot. I push myself. A lot. The world is a small place, and getting smaller every day. I'm proud to have friends in every corner of the earth, and abide by the old adage that there are no strangers, only friends we haven't met yet.



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cdnsue. Make your own badge here.