Suzy Snapper
Saturday, March 24, 2007
A new leaf
I will have a big announcement on Monday. Because I have strong superstitions, I can't quite say anything until it's official but there's been a pretty major development since my return from my holidays.

It's a happy announcement and once the decision was made, I slept like a baby last night.

It doesn't involve anything romantic though. There's some interesting development there too but I'm still in that phase of not wanting to say to much, lest I jinx. It's happened too many times.

Meanwhile, in family news, please keep my Uncle in your thoughts and prayers. He's an 84 year old WWII vet who's currently in hospital with serious lung problems. He was taken into hospital about 10 days ago and the family was told that it was only a matter of time. However, my Uncle has proved them wrong. Tough in mind and body, he fought strongly and they were able to remove the respirator. Unfortunately, for the days following, he experienced a strong flashback to his days overseas. Taking a swing at a nurse that he thought was the enemy when he heard the screams of schoolchildren trapped in a burning, bombed building in England and was being restrained from helping, we saw an insight into what he would have lived through during the War. He has never spoken of his battles but we knew there were unspeakable horrors. The positive of this all, is that he has now regained his consciousness and is wanting to talk. In great detail, actually, about his experiences. For a family historian such as myself, I am honoured that he has asked me to come to his bedside to take notes.

As his daughter said to me yesterday, "We are so lucky that we have never had to experience what my Mom (who was a First Aid nurse) and Dad lived through. "

More on Monday!

Sue
Vancouver, British Columbia
.............................................
A patriotic Canadian full of visions of a better Canada, random thoughts and a lot of hot air. Who am I? A struggling writer and photographer trapped in a corporate buyer's body. Steel shopping by day, and freeflowing prose by night. One day I hope to have the nights become my days, but am intimidated by the sheer amount of people who share my dream. So I read. A lot. I learn. A lot. I push myself. A lot. The world is a small place, and getting smaller every day. I'm proud to have friends in every corner of the earth, and abide by the old adage that there are no strangers, only friends we haven't met yet.



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cdnsue. Make your own badge here.