Suzy Snapper
Thursday, April 12, 2007
Biopsy
Well, I just had my third pap test come back positive for cancer cells. Not something I am dealing with very well but know that I am in very good hands with this doctor.

I am scheduled for a biopsy to see the stage we are dealing with and a cryotherapy session (think, liquid nitrogen for 3-4 minutes). The good news is that this will be taken care of relatively quickly - April 26. The bad news is that this is just 1 week after starting a new job.

I am scared. I wish I wasn't but the fact is that this terrifies me. I have had too many bad things lately and my resistance is down. I know that as far as types go, this is not a bad one to have - and the cure rate is very high. But that's fine if it's happening to someone else!

I found out last week. It's taken me a few days to get my head around things. Dark humour abounds with my brother asking if he can wait until his hair grows back in first before having to shave it off for me. He recently shaved his head for a friend's daughter battling with leukemia.

My local friends have been supportive. That's been a big help. In times when I am in a bit of a shell from recent events, it has been wonderful to know that a sympathetic ear is only a few digits away.

At the end of the day, I have to let things go as they're meant to go. Maybe this is a lesson I am to learn in order to become the person I am meant to be. I have to trust that this is one thing I have no control over, and must not let it take control of me.

By this time next month, let's just hope this is all just a distant memory.

Sue
Vancouver, British Columbia
.............................................
A patriotic Canadian full of visions of a better Canada, random thoughts and a lot of hot air. Who am I? A struggling writer and photographer trapped in a corporate buyer's body. Steel shopping by day, and freeflowing prose by night. One day I hope to have the nights become my days, but am intimidated by the sheer amount of people who share my dream. So I read. A lot. I learn. A lot. I push myself. A lot. The world is a small place, and getting smaller every day. I'm proud to have friends in every corner of the earth, and abide by the old adage that there are no strangers, only friends we haven't met yet.



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cdnsue. Make your own badge here.