Suzy Snapper
Sunday, April 08, 2007
Recipe for Relaxing
Any time things get stressed and beyond control, there is no better prescription than spending time with those you hold close. This last week has been all about getting back to those things that are important to me. There is absolutely nothing better than a genuine hug from a two-year old!

One important thing, of course, is photography. For the first time in quite a few months, I spent some quality time behind the lens. Sure, I took photos on my holiday but this was actually getting back to the art of photography. There is nothing more affirming than getting back to a hobby you truly love. I have not been able to relax enough these past few months to allow myself to look at things creatively. Now that my mind is clearing, my creativity is waking up with a vengeance. If I'm not taking photos, I'm post-processing in Paint Shop or learning a new technique in Photoshop.

I also spent some time getting back into scrapbooking in a big way. The forum I spend a lot of time in had a weekend crop challenge. The timing was perfect, and I ended up doing 8 layouts in just over 24 hours.

On Friday, we took the kids to the zoo. It was a gorgeous day and very warm. To top it off, an old friend of mine joined us with his wife, sister and two beautiful little girls. He's a friend from high school now living in Ontario. We've reconnected because of the high school reunion, although we've always talked on and off.

This morning, I woke up more relaxed than I have in months. I've lost nearly 25 lbs. since January 1, but my appetite is finally coming back. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not - I kinda liked having my clothes feel too big!

Easter was quiet. My Dad isn't well right now and not very mobile. Unfortunately, my brother's family fell ill with the flu so it ended up just being Mom, Dad and I and a pizza. It's the small things that count though - and we were together.

Tomorrow, we'll be working on the endless renovations on my bathroom. Hopefully it will actually get somewhere as it's been weeks of a little bit of work, and a lot of waiting. I'm living with a mirror propped up on the wall!

This week, I have many plans ahead. Mostly reconnecting with people I haven't had chance and a trip to the outlet stores in Washington State. I just feel so much better in just these few days - it's like I'm reawakening from some sort of hibernation.


Sue
Vancouver, British Columbia
.............................................
A patriotic Canadian full of visions of a better Canada, random thoughts and a lot of hot air. Who am I? A struggling writer and photographer trapped in a corporate buyer's body. Steel shopping by day, and freeflowing prose by night. One day I hope to have the nights become my days, but am intimidated by the sheer amount of people who share my dream. So I read. A lot. I learn. A lot. I push myself. A lot. The world is a small place, and getting smaller every day. I'm proud to have friends in every corner of the earth, and abide by the old adage that there are no strangers, only friends we haven't met yet.



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cdnsue. Make your own badge here.