Suzy Snapper
Monday, April 16, 2007
Day One
Today was the first day at the new job. What a different environment! I love it!!

While I'm back in a cubicle rather than an office, it's a much more civil environment. I'm sure there will be issues as I get to know people, but it was such a fantastic change to be welcomed.

There is a lot to do and it will be a challenging time. The organization has just formed our department, and our timelines are tight. It's a good feeling to be busy again.

They were fine with me taking next Thursday afternoon off for my procedure. The Dude has offered to take me but I think I might decline his kind offer. Not sure if I'm ready for him to see me being as uncomfortable as I think I'm going to be. It was hard enough telling him, and even harder to hear the concern in his voice. I'm not good with that.

I have a new addiction as well. Have you tried Facebook yet? I signed up to help with the organization of my high school reunion but found even more people than I would have thought. Several people from my old company where I worked for 10 years but have now been gone for two. It's been a blast reconnecting.

Sue
Vancouver, British Columbia
.............................................
A patriotic Canadian full of visions of a better Canada, random thoughts and a lot of hot air. Who am I? A struggling writer and photographer trapped in a corporate buyer's body. Steel shopping by day, and freeflowing prose by night. One day I hope to have the nights become my days, but am intimidated by the sheer amount of people who share my dream. So I read. A lot. I learn. A lot. I push myself. A lot. The world is a small place, and getting smaller every day. I'm proud to have friends in every corner of the earth, and abide by the old adage that there are no strangers, only friends we haven't met yet.



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cdnsue. Make your own badge here.