Suzy Snapper
Tuesday, July 03, 2007
Where to begin?
I have been a bad blogger. It has been busy again...life never seems to slow down even for a second.

My brother had his double knee replacement operation two weeks ago. It should have been a 3-5 day hospital stay but due to quite a few unfortuante occurences, it ended up being just over 2 weeks. He only returned home this weekend. Most of his problems stem from human error - and that's the most frustrating. The tensor was put on too tight following his operation - it caused blisters and nerve damage. He is home now though and that's the main thing.

We've all been sick with bronchitis - my mom (which is very serious with her COPD), my dad (who has no immune system on top of everything else) and myself (but I'm trying hard to ignore it). It's been challenging but no point in dwelling on it. You do what you need to do and move on.

I haven't been able to go out on any photo shoots of late, which is starting to get to me a little. There are some beautiful old barns that I've been dying to capture, and an old half sunk fish boat that has been pulled out of the river and is on the banks. I'll get there one of these nights.

The reunion planning is in full steam and I'm spending a good 4 hours a day right now on organizing. It gets frustrating at times as I often feel like I'm the only one fully committed. On Sunday, I met up with the others in the group and was met with 'I haven't done a THING in the last month, have you?' Um, yeah. Lots. But bigger picture, right? It will get done and the sense of accomplishment will be worth it. Now if only I could find a photographer, I'd be happy.

So that's me in a nutshell...hope you are all well - and thank you Monica for checking up on me!

Sue
Vancouver, British Columbia
.............................................
A patriotic Canadian full of visions of a better Canada, random thoughts and a lot of hot air. Who am I? A struggling writer and photographer trapped in a corporate buyer's body. Steel shopping by day, and freeflowing prose by night. One day I hope to have the nights become my days, but am intimidated by the sheer amount of people who share my dream. So I read. A lot. I learn. A lot. I push myself. A lot. The world is a small place, and getting smaller every day. I'm proud to have friends in every corner of the earth, and abide by the old adage that there are no strangers, only friends we haven't met yet.



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from cdnsue. Make your own badge here.